The third issue of the COVID-19 Digest world contains documents and articles dealing with some topics that are relevant in the transition from the second phase to the third phase of the pandemic.
In particular, two macro-topics are analyzed. Both the policy responses (including the difference between economic and social responses in various countries around the world) and the potential dangers and ethical aspects related to the use of technology in response to COVID-19 pandemic are evaluated.
Better regulation, governance and administration
- Hammer or nudge? New brief on international policy options for COVID-19 (by Luc Soete) – Maastrich University, 8 May 2020;
- Variations in Government Responses to COVID-19 (by A. Petherick et al.) – Blavatnik School Working Paper, 28 May 2020;
- On Balance: COVID-19 Benefit-Cost Analysis and the Value of Statistical Lives (by L. A. Robinson) – Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis, 1 July 2020;
- Public attention and policy responses to COVID-19 pandemic (by C. G. Askoy et al.) – medRxiv, 3 July 2020;
- Regulation during COVID-19. News Sentiment Improved, While Uncertainty Remains (by Zhoudan X.) – Regulatory Studies Center, 6 July 2020.
- Tackling COVID-19 through Responsible AI Innovation: Five Steps in the Right Direction (by D. Leslie) – The Alan Turing Institute, June 2020;
- Ethical guidelines for COVID-19 tracing apps (by J. Morley et al.) – The Alan Turing Institute, June 2020;
- The future of work and robots after COVID-19 (by T. Van Overbeke and B. Hancké) – The Policy Network, 16 June 2020;
- The dangers of tech-driven solutions to COVID-19 (by J. E. Cohen, W. Hartzog and L. Moy) – Brookings, 17 June 2020;
- It’s complicated: what the public thinks about COVID-19 technologies (by I. Parker) – Ada Lovelace Institute, 3 July 2020;
- Coronavirus: how the pandemic has exposed AI’s limitations (by K. Peach) – The Conversation, 20 July 2020.
Economics and finance
- Single market and the pandemic: Impacts, EU action and recovery – EU Parliament, June 2020;
- When more delivers less: Comparing the US and French COVID-19 crisis responses (by J. Cohen-Setton and J. Pisani-Ferry) – Peterson Institute for International Economics, June 2020;
- Identifying Effective Combinations of Economic Policy Measures for the Coronavirus Recession in Europe (by K. Bernot et al.) – DIW Berlin, 4 June 2020;
- The Coronavirus response turns the EU’s agenda upside down (by K. Lannoo) – The Policy Network, 4 June 2020.