This section includes a number of synthetic reports concerning the most significant cases of RIA’s applications in Independent Authorities abroad. To date it provides information regarding only some British Authorities.
Each synthetic report examines the rules concerning RIA, the influence of international organizations or the European Union, the role played by the Judiciary and Parliament, the process developed to introduce RIA, the methodological choices involving consultations and economic evaluation.
Besides manuals and other documents produced by each Independent Authority essential references to the most interesting programmes and initiatives are available.
- A Review of Ofgem Regulatory Impact Assessments, 2005
- Guidance on impact assessments – Revised guidance, June 2005
- Proposed revised guidance on impact assessments. Consultation. 20 December 2007
- Offshore Electricity Transmission – A joint Ofgem/BERR Policy Statement- Updated Impact Assessment, 10 January 2008
- Guidance on Impact Assessment, 31 March 2008
- Ofgem’s Simplification Plan 2008-2009
- Guidance on Impact Assessment, 15 December 2009
- Better Policy Making – Ofcom’s approach to Impact Assessment, 21 July 2005
- Ofcom Annual Report & Accounts 2007/8. Section C: Operating and Financial Review
- Review of impact on business of the Consumer Codes, October 2006
- Positive Impact 06/07. Consumer benefits from competition enforcement, merger control, and scam busting, July 2007
- Completing competition assessments in Impact Assessments. Guidelines for policy makers, August 2007
- An evaluation of the impact upon productivity of ending resale price maintenance on books, February 2008
- Approach to calculating direct benefits to consumers, March 2008
- Annual Report and Resource Accounts 2007-08, 21 July 2008
- Positive Impact 07/08. Consumer benefits from competition enforcement, merger control, and scam busting, July 2008