Symposia and Special Issues
- Symposium on Policy Evaluation in the EU, European Journal of Risk Regulation, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 3-110.
Oversight and independence of regulatory agencies
- Fernandez-i-Marin, X., J. Jordana and A.C. Bianculli. Are regulatory agencies independent in practice? Evidence from board members in Spain, Regulation & Governance, Advance Online Publication.
- Guardiancich, I. and M. Guidi. Formal independence of regulatory agencies and varieties of capitalism: A case of institutional complementarity?, Regulation & Governance, Advance Online Publication.
- West, W.F. The administrative presidency as reactive oversight: Implications for positive and normative theory, Public Administration Review, Advance Online Publication.
Agencification and agency termination
- Dommett, K. and C. Skelcher. 2014. Opening the black box of administrative reform: A strategic-relational analysis of agency responses to termination threats, International Public Management Journal, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 540-563.
- Greasley, S. and C. Hanretty. Credibility and agency termination under parliamentarism, Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory, Advance Online Publication.
- James, O., N. Petrovsky, A. Moseley and G.A. Boyne. 2015. The Politics of Agency Death: Ministers and the Survival of Government Agencies in a Parliamentary System, British Journal of Political Science, Advance Online Publication.
- O’Leary, C. Agency Termination in the UK, West European Politics, Advance Online Publication.
- Vining, A.R., C. Laurin and D. Weimer. The longer-run performance effects of agencification: Theory and evidence from Québec agencies, Journal of Public Policy, Advance Online Publication.
Agencies and EU governance
- Buess, M. 2015. European Union agencies and their management boards: An assessment of accountability and demoi-cratic legitimacy, Journal of European Public Policy, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 94-111.
- Busuioc, E.M. Friend or foe? Inter-agency cooperation, organizational reputation and turf, Public Administration, Advance Online Publication.
- Jevnaker, T. Pushing administrative EU integration: The path towards European network codes for electricity, Journal of European Public Policy, Advance Online Publication.
- Mathieu, E. When Europeanization feeds back into EU governance: EU legislation, national regulatory agencies, and EU regulatory networks, Public Administration, Advance Online Publication.
- Ruffing, E. Agencies between two worlds: Information asymmetry in multilevel policy-making, Journal of European Public Policy, Advance Online Publication.
Participation, accountability and public consultations
- Bunea, A. and R. Thomson. Consultations with interest groups and the empowerment of the executive: Evidence from the European Union, Governance, Advance Online Publication.
- Bunea, A. Sharing ties and preferences: Stakeholders’ position alignments in the European Commission’s open consultations, European Union Politics, Advance Online Publication.
- Chalmers, A.W. 2014. In over their heads: Public consultation, administrative capacity and legislative duration in the European Union, European Union Politics, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 595-613.
- Heidbreder, E.G. Governance in the European Union: A policy analysis of the attempts to raise legitimacy through civil society participation, Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, Advance Online Publication.
- Karsten, N. Scrutinize me, please! The drivers, manifestations and implications of accountability-seeking behavior, Public Administration, Advance Online Publication.
- Schillemans, T. and E.M. Busuioc. 2015. Predicting public sector accountability: From agency drift to forum drift, Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 195-219.
- Yackee, S.W. 2015. Participant voice in bureaucratic policy making, Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 427-449.
Administrative burden reduction
- Di Mascio, F., A. Natalini and F. Stolfi. 2015. The implementation of administrative burden reduction policy: Mechanisms and contexts in the study of Europeanization, Comparative European Politics, Advance Online Publication.
- Ntaliani, M. and C. Costopoulou. Reduction of administrative burdens for SMEs, Administration & Society, Advance Online Publication.
Training and enforcement
- Dunlop, C.A., J.C. Khamkhaji and C.M. Radaelli. Regulators and reform: A quasi-experimental assessment of the effects of training inspectors, International Public Management Journal, Advance Online Publication.
- Etienne, J. 2015. The politics of detection in business regulation, Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 257-284.
- Mols, F., S.A. Haslam, J. Jetten and N.S. Steffens. 2015. Why a nudge is not enough: A social identity critique of governance by stealth, European Journal of Political Research, Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 81-98.
- Oliver, A. Nudging, shoving, and budging: Behavioral economic-informed policy, Public Administration, Advance Online Publication
- Adelle, C., D. Macrae, A. Marusic and F. Naru. 2015. Regulatory impact assessment in developing countries: Tales from the road to good governance, Public Money & Management, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 233-238.
- Dunlop, C.A. and C.M. Radaelli. Teaching Regulatory Humility: Experimenting with Student Practitioners, Politics, Advance Online Publication.
- Farrell, H. and A. Newman. 2015. The new politics of interdependence: Cross-national layering in trans-atlantic regulatory disputes, Comparative Political Studies, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 497-526.
- Speer, S., V. Pattyn and B. De Peuter. 2015. The growing role of evaluation in parliaments: Holding governments accountable?, International Review of Administrative Sciences, Vol. 81, No. 1, pp. 37-57.
(Fabrizio Di Mascio)