Delegation, Reorganization and Agency Termination
- Elston, T. 2016. Conflict between Explicit and Tacit Public Service Bargains in U.K. Executive Agencies, Governance, Advance online publication.
- MacCarthaigh, M., M. Painter and W.H. Yee. 2016. Managing for Legitimacy: Agency Governance in its “Deep” Constitutional Context, Public Administration Review, Advance online publication.
- Mortensen, P.B. 2016. Agencification and Blame Shifting: Evaluating a Neglected Side of Public Sector Reforms, Public Administration, Advance online publication.
- Overman, S. 2016. Autonomous Agencies, Happy Citizens? Challenging the Satisfaction Claim, Governance, Advance online publication.
Political Control and Agency Independence
- Kelleher Palus, C. and S. Webb Yackee. 2016. Clerks or Kings? Partisan Alignment and Delegation to the US Bureaucracy, Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory, Advance online publication.
- Krause, G.A. and A.J. O’Connell. 2016. Experiential Learning and Presidential Management of the U.S. Federal Bureaucracy: Logic and Evidence from Agency Leadership Appointments, American Journal of Political Science, Advance online publication.
Agency Oversight and Evidence-Based Policy Making
- Carrigan, C. and S. Shapiro. 2016. What’s Wrong with the Back of the Envelope? A Call for Simple and Timely Benefit-Cost Analysis, Regulation & Governance, Advance online publication.
- Marvel, J. and R. McGrath. 2016. Congress as Manager: Oversight Hearings and Agency Morale, Journal of Public Policy, Advance online publication.
- Smismans, S. and R. Minto. 2016. Are Integrated Impact Assessments the Way Forward for Mainstreaming in the European Union?, Regulation & Governance, Advance online publication.
- Anderson, S.E. and M. Potoski. 2016. Agency Structure and the Distribution of Federal Spending, Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory, Advance online publication.
- Turner, I. 2016. Working smart and hard? Agency Effort, Judicial Review, and Policy Precision, Journal of Theoretical Politics, Advance online publication.
Accountability & Participation
- Nesti, G. 2016. Strengthening the Accountability of Independent Regulators: From Performance Back to Democracy, Comparative European Politics, Advance online publication.
- Siderius, K. and G. Brandsma. 2016. The Effect of Removing Voting Rules: Consultation Practices in the Commission’s Delegated Act Experts Groups and Comitology Committees, Journal of Common Market Studies, Advance online publication.
- Zwaan, P., S. van Voorst and E. Mastenbroek. 2016. Ex-post Legislative Evaluation in the European Union: Questioning the Usage of Evaluations as Instruments for Accountability, International Review of Administrative Sciences, Advance online publication.
Multi-level Regulatory Governance
- Bach, T., F. De Francesco, M. Maggetti and E. Ruffing. 2016. Transnational Bureaucratic Politics: An Institutional Rivalry Perspective on EU Network Governance, Public Administration, 94(1): 9-24.
- Kaufmann, W. and A. van Witteloostuijn. 2016. Do Rules Breed Rules? Vertical Rule-Making Cascades at the Supranational, National, and Organizational Level, International Public Management Journal, Advance online publication.
- Vestlund, N.M. 2016. Pooling Administrative Resources Through EU Regulatory Networks, Journal of European Public Policy, Advance online publication.
Red tape and administrative burden reduction
- Borry, E.L. 2016. A New Measure of Red Tape: Introducing the Three-Item Red Tape Scale, International Public Management Journal, Advance online publication.
- Vlaev, I., D. King, P. Dolan and A. Darzi. 2016. The Theory and Practice of Nudging: Changing Health Behaviors, Public Administration Review, Advance online publication.
(Fabrizio Di Mascio)